cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] General Question regarding CC licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Johannes Kroll <j-kroll AT gmx.de>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] General Question regarding CC licenses
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:25:12 +0200

Hello all,

I have a general question regarding CC licenses. There's no license
available that restricts distribution of a CC'ed work by criteria other
than "commercial/non-commercial", right? Say, if I write a text and I
don't want it to be used by a right-wing party for propaganda. Or, say,
I don't want my music to be used as "hold music" on the telephone or in
the lift. :p

You can't make a CC license for each and every case, right?... So, what
I'd then want is that people need to ask me before they use my stuff,
regardless if it's for commercial purposes or not. Would I want plain
(C) Copyright then?

- Johannes