cc-licenses - Content Site

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: M Featherston <opensourcepro AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Content Site
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 06:57:13 -0400

Hi guys,

Just wanted to drop a note about my ibiblio site. Back in November of
last year, I asked ibiblio to allow me to upload my growing collection
of digital artwork, some under CC licenses, and some dedicated to the
public domain. ibiblio agreed to setup a site on their system, and the
continuing result is available for you browse...

http://www.ibiblio.org/sigmaman/

The artwork is made up of a lot of different styles, mostly abstract.
I've been told by a few designers that they use a lot of the material
as backgrounds for their work. I use a range of CC licenses, including
Attribution, Sampling and Sampling Plus, and Sharealike.

Thanks!

Mitch

  • Content Site, M Featherston, 06/07/2005