cc-licenses - Help needed for selecting a license for Wiki

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Tejas Patel <tejaspatel.newsgroups AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Help needed for selecting a license for Wiki
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 23:12:24 +1000

Hello there,
I am Tejas Patel and in search for a license for my
new Wiki. I am Melbourne, Australia based and have my site hosted up
on USA servesrs. Now I was looking at licenses for my my new wiki site
planned at www.certref.com. After thorough investigation and reading I
don't think that current CC share alike will apply to wiki based
situation ( I am expecting people from all over the place to edit the
wiki). Finally I found that Creative Commons has a upcoming license
for Wiki's too. I just wanted to find out the status of that and if I
am allowed to use the license yet.

Also, I am a techie who does not understand much about licenses, would
anybody be able to help me out with selecting the right license for my
wiki based site. I want something where commercial use is allowed in
the future and where share alike policy applies. Also I as a site
owner does not have to worry about getting agreements from editors of
wiki incase somebody wants to use the wiki content. I want the my wiki
to be originator and work as an entity rather than editors who edit
the wiki. Any help will be appreciated as I have utilised better part
of my day looking for best solutions for my situation and understaning
about licenses and copyright issues :).

Kind Regards,

Tejas Patel

--
Life Is All About Sharing!!.(r)
╬╬ http://www.itejas.com ╬╬

  • Help needed for selecting a license for Wiki, Tejas Patel, 05/18/2005