cc-licenses - Attribution question.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <dcarrera AT math.umd.edu>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Attribution question.
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:23:56 -0500

Hello,

I have a question about the attribution requirement. My team is writing a
user guide for OpenOffice.org. We are planning on having a section called
"Authors" with... well, the list of authors:

Authors
~~~~~~~
Daniel Carrera
Nancy Koh
Meredith O'Brien

In our project, each chapter is a separate document, and has a maintainer.
So each chapter would have its own Authors section.

Now... what I would like to do is add a note indicating who the current
maintainer is. Perhaps something like this:

Authors
~~~~~~~
Daniel Carrera
Nancy Koh
Meredith O'Brien

Current Maintainer
Nancy Koh

Is that allowed by the BY license?

I ask because the license says that your attribution may not be more
prominent than the attribution of another contributor. From the POV of BY,
would this make the maintainer more prominent than the others?

Daniel Carrera | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today! | I want it Tuesday.
http://oooauthors.org |