cc-licenses - Re: Wiki license 0.5 beta

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Wiki license 0.5 beta
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:16:49 -0500

On Saturday 26 March 2005 12:38 pm, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> So, I note from the Creative Commons Weblog:
>
> http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5344
>
> ...that there's a new draft license for wikis:
>
> http://creativecommons.org/drafts/wiki_0.5
>
> It's supposed to be under discussion on this list, which it is not. In
> fact, the description of this list says that our _purpose_ is to discuss
> it!

OK, here is one comment:

"BY EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS TO THE WORK PROVIDED HERE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO
BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. THE LICENSOR GRANTS YOU THE RIGHTS
CONTAINED HERE IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH TERMS AND
CONDITIONS."

Now, this talks of consideration. Is this moving from the license into the
contract area? Will this move disputes in the US from the federal courts to
the state courts?