cc-licenses - Linking to a CC license - can the link be modified?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Toschi <Toschi AT gmx.de>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Linking to a CC license - can the link be modified?
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 03:50:47 +0100

I have a question regarding the linking of CC licenses. I'd like to put the content of my website under a CC license, but the standard link that I get after choosing the appropriate license absolutely doesn't fit into my page (aesthetically).

So my question is: as far as I understand, the CC logos may not be modified (e.g. different color hue). So, can I leave the logo out and provide only a translated text link?

Thank you in advance!

- Toschi