cc-licenses - Re: Non-Profit use

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Todd A. Jacobs" <nospam AT codegnome.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Non-Profit use
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:33:05 -0800

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 05:14:23PM -0500, geoff wrote:

> Hi - I am putting together audio and physical slide shows into a
> VCD/DVD for a non-profit hometown historical society. The Society
> intends to sell the VCDs and/or DVDs to raise funds. The disks will

If you "intend to sell them," then it's obviously not non-commercial, so
you can't use works licensed to you under the CC non-commercial license.
You will need to contact the author(s) and arrange for a commercial
license.

On the other hand, if you mean that *you* own the rights, and want to
license the work under a non-commercial license, there's no problem at
all with doing that. You can offer works you own under any license that
suits you.

--
Find my Techno-Geek Journal at http://www.codegnome.org/geeklog/

  • Non-Profit use, geoff, 11/19/2004
    • Re: Non-Profit use, Todd A. Jacobs, 11/21/2004