cc-licenses - Re: How'm I looking?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Andrea Glorioso <sama AT miu-ft.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: How'm I looking?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:31:12 +0200

> Hi, I put up a CC license on my blog today:
> www.omitneedlesswords.com. Is it worthwhile including that
> disclaimer about images (mainly from Amazon) that show up on my
> site but aren't mine? Will people know that without being told?
> Any other suggestions on my phrasing?

I'm not a lawyer and I don't speak for CC, but since you write

"(Note that any image or asset that does not have omitneedlesswords in
its URL is pulled from another site and is not my property to
license.)"

it seems to me that you are fine. I would probably use the precise
URL rather than simply `omitneedlesswords'
(i.e. http://www.omitneedlesswords.org/) just to be sure.

> Also, a general question--I don't really know where a blog is on
> the continuum between a diary and a newspaper. I just plan to
> use it like a diary, and swear, express personal opinions, et
> cetera. Do I need to worry about libeling people
> unintentionally? Is that something a blogger would ever get
> busted for?

Don't know about this and I don't think it's something relevant to
copyright law (or at least, it shouldn't be in an ideal world).

Bye,

--
Andrea Glorioso sama AT miu-ft.org +39 333 820 5723
.:: Media Innovation Unit - Firenze Tecnologia ::.

  • How'm I looking?, Jamie, 08/24/2004
    • Re: How'm I looking?, Andrea Glorioso, 08/26/2004