cc-licenses - Re: Newspapers or news agencies using CC

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Newspapers or news agencies using CC
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:58:32 -0700

Sigmascape1 AT cs.com wrote:
Does anyone know if there are mainstream newspapers or news reporting agents
using Creative Commons licenses?

While it sounds like an obvious thing to do, I don't know of any. My guesses as to why

- they don't know about CC
- contracts with reporters don't account for it, need to?
- worried about ability to sell reprint rights?

--
Mike Linksvayer