cc-licenses - Public Domain Question

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Sigmascape1 AT cs.com
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Public Domain Question
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:21:03 -0400

Hi,

I realize this list is designed to answer questions relating to CC and its
licenses, but more and more, I see 'new' content appearing on the archive.org
site that is in the PD. Recently, a full-length animated movie (Guilliver's
Travels) found its way on to the site. Is this because material that is in
the PD is still being uncovered, or is it that someone finally created a
version of the content that is downloadable?

Also, I'd still like to see a Creative Commons mailing list designed just for
Public Domain issues.

Thanks!

MLF