cc-licenses - query re content not covered by cc license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Marc A. Garrett" <marc AT since1968.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: query re content not covered by cc license
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:55:47 +0000 (GMT)

Does creativecommons.org have suggested language to use when an image on
my site falls outside the scope of my cc license?

Example: when I post an interview, I sometimes get the permission of the
interview subject to post pictures to accompany the interview --
pictures to which they, not me, hold copyright. I want to make it clear
to my users which objects on the site are not owned by me and not
covered by the share-alike license.

Also, it would be neat if I could tag an item as outside the scope of my
license; that way either a computer or human reading my site would know
how to respond.

Thanks for any assistance.

Marc A. Garrett
since1968.com