cc-licenses - BROADCASTING NOT COVERED

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: <bookpod AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: BROADCASTING NOT COVERED
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:11:55 -0400

I tried filling out your app to generate a license that would let folks copy
and distrubute for free as long as it was non-commercial, but I close reading
of the legal text it generates, leaves broadcasting wide open. so any
network or media outlet could broadcast my stuff and continue to collect
thier advertising revenue without giving me a penny. As you know broadcast
radio and television are "free" to the listener, but are very definitely "for
commerce" when you factor in the ad revenue. Somehow I dont like this idea
and I dont think I will be using your goofy text, but instead will keep on
using plain old copyright. Conspiracy is what it is, sounds like something
jack valenti came up with to crush independent musicians.