cc-licenses - Web sites?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Christian Mercat <mercat AT darboux.math.univ-montp2.fr>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Web sites?
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:25:20 +0100

Hi there,

There is an issue unaddressed in the FAQ: it seems to me that my website (a celtic knotwork tutorial) is begging for a CC licence (shareAlike to be specific), is it a proper use to tag each and every page of my website with the "some rights reserved" and CC logo, meaning the text and the pictures are covered by the licence?
Another unrelated question, for each picture I use on my site, I've asked the authorization to reproduce and usually place a link to the original site where I found the original picture, the copyright appears as a pop-up (title and alt tags). Is it enough or should I place a little text, next to the picture stating the copyright?

Thanks, regards,

--
http://entrelacs.net/
Christian Mercat

Tel: +33 4 67 14 42 33
Fax: +33 4 67 14 35 58

  • Web sites?, Christian Mercat, 03/01/2004