cc-licenses - Re: Information on use of CC-licensed works

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Information on use of CC-licensed works
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:06:53 -0800

Evan Prodromou wrote:
Yes, but the simple fact is that in 2003 digital content is generally
for music, video, images, or text. You have good points about
non-digital works, which aren't addressed yet on the CC site at all.

Barely. See

http://creativecommons.org/license/non-web-popup?license_code=by

linked to on

http://creativecommons.org/license/license-install?license_code=by

I'd recommend placing license information about non-digital works on the web anyway/in addition.

(BTW, I'm wondering how to volunteer to do this, write things for the
site, etc. Any pointers, anyone?)

You could send drafts to this list or webmaster AT creativecommons.org for consideration. If people thought it was a good idea maybe we could start a CC wiki for working on such drafts.

BTW FAQ updates are coming RSN ... I know I've said I'd add at least one of your suggestions.

--
Mike Linksvayer