cc-licenses - Re: (no subject)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Wouter Vanden Hove <wouter.vanden.hove AT pandora.be>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: (no subject)
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:11:38 +0000

Op di 13-01-2004, om 22:47 schreef Jeroen Budts:
> Is there any of the CC licenses compatible with the GNU FDL?

0) I am not a lawyer, I don't speak for Creative Commons.

1) Yes.

* Public Domain
* Attribution

* Attribution-ShareAlike is closest in spirit (copyleft) to the GFDL,
but there are incompatibility issues. But these are a problem for all
strong copyleft licenses. This needn't be a showstopper, most authors
will switch easily between FDL and share-alike, or dual license them
when asked.

Wouter Vanden Hove
www.opencursus.org (flemish Open Course portal)
www.open-education.org (Open Content in Education Advocacy)