cc-licenses - Ethic Software

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Lorenzo De Tomasi <detomasi.liste AT libero.it>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Ethic Software
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 02:23:30 +0200

Look at HESSLA license:
http://hacktivismo.com/news/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=17
I think it's a source for new CC license options.

In particular Luca Ferroni (E ferrbsd AT libero.it; W
http://www.cs.unibo.it/~fferroni/), thinks that the concept od ethic
software is important.

You can read here what he thinks :)
http://dragas.dyndns.org/~luca/eng/licenza/swetico.php
However I noticed that making software available to all people means even to
make it usable by people who approve methods that I reject. Those people do
not share my vision of the world and moreover use my software against ideals
for which I fight everyday.
So, I thought to propose a license which more or less reflects GPL license
and meanwhile protects author's moral right.

I propose to limit freedom of code execution for any purpose.
That is what Free Software calls Freedom 0.

Such limitations I propose, could only involve software execution, not copy,
nor modifications, nor distributions, and it must be located within some
rules to prevent that those limitations hurt people fundamental rights. I
think it's right to guarantee the author that his time and his knowledge
aren't applied in actions which not reflect his life style, his beliefs.
It's time to look around us and consider things for which is necessary and
is right to fight, things which truly "pay" years of studies and work.

Not in my name.

What about creating an 'Ethic' option for CC licenses?

  • Ethic Software, Lorenzo De Tomasi, 08/26/2003