cc-licenses - Re: [gnu.org #16904] Creative Commons Share Alike License and the GPL

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Chris Croome <chris AT croome.net>
  • To: Dave Turner via RT <licensing AT fsf.org>
  • Cc: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [gnu.org #16904] Creative Commons Share Alike License and the GPL
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:41:55 +0000

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I feared that the CC share alike license might
not be GPL-compatible :-(

Perhaps Creative Commons might what to consider what changes would
be required to be made to make the share alike license
GPL-compatible since it's aim does seem to be the creation of
copyleft material?

Dual licensing material with a GPL-compatible license like the
Design Science or Free Art ones [2] might be good interim measure --
it's something I'm considering.

Chris

[2] http://www.fsf.org/licenses/license-list.html#OtherLicenses

--