cc-licenses - (cc) new drafts of Creative Commons licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Glenn Brown" <GBrown AT law.stanford.edu>
  • To: glenn AT creativecommons.org
  • Cc: licenses AT creativecommons.org
  • Subject: (cc) new drafts of Creative Commons licenses
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:02:23 -0700

Dear Friends of Creative Commons:

Thank you very much for your thorough feedback and great questions about
the draft Creative Commons licenses circulated this summer. Your input
influenced a handful of significant changes and many fine-tunings, as I
explain in detail in the materials linked from this message.

Some of you -- potential content partners, the recently befriended -- are
new to this process. Welcome, and we look forward to hearing your two
cents this time around.

This link, <http://cr3at1v3:c0mm0n88 AT creativecommons.org/new/intro>, will
take you to an introduction to our second round of draft review, plus:

1) a memo summarizing your recent feedback and explaining changes in the
new draft <http://cr3at1v3:c0mm0n88 AT creativecommons.org/new/memo>

2) the new license draft
<http://cr3at1v3:c0mm0n88 AT creativecommons.org/new/licensesept17>

3) a draft Public Domain Dedication
<http://cr3at1v3:c0mm0n88 AT creativecommons.org/new/publicdomain.html>

4) the draft Commons Deed
<http://cr3at1v3:c0mm0n88 AT creativecommons.org/new/deed.html>

5) the information you need to participate in an archived email list
<licenses AT creativecommons.org>

Once more, the main URL:

<http://cr3at1v3:c0mm0n88 AT creativecommons.org/new/intro>

Password and username are embedded in the link. Guidelines and a timetable
for review are included in the introduction page and memo.

Thanks very much, and we look forward to more of your thought-provoking
guidance.

Glenn

glenn AT creativecommons.org
licenses AT creativecommons.org