cc-jo - [Cc-jo] Welcome and Guidelines for Discussion

cc-jo AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: CC Jordan

  • From: Christiane Asschenfeldt <christiane AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-jo AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-jo] Welcome and Guidelines for Discussion
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:49:21 -0800

<x-tad-bigger>Welcome to the discussion of the Creative Commons licenses in Jordan!

It is my great pleasure to introduce to you Rami Olwan of Abu-Ghazaleh Intellectual Property, our project lead in Jordan.

I would appreciate if you took the time to read the following
suggestions for the use of the mailing list. They have proven valuable in
other Creative Commons countries.

1) We suggest you bookmark important emails for future reference.
For example:

</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>http://creativecommons.org/projects/international/jo/translated-license</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>

is the first draft of the translation/adaptation by AGIP.
You will most likely return to it often, as it is the centerpiece of
the discussion. Please bookmark it now for efficiency.

Furthermore:

</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>http://creativecommons.org/projects/international/jo/english-changes.pdf</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>

is the re-translation of the license plus the explanation of what
substantive legal changes were made. It may prove useful to bookmark
this, too.

2) Please try and keep your emails relatively short and limited to one
subject per email. This will prevent others from being overwhelmed, and
will help to catch up on discussions they may have missed. This approach
provides the additional benefit that you will be able to link back to
previous emails by subject very easily (as demonstrated above).

3) Please limit your suggestions and comments to things that will help
the licenses fit into Jordanian law. The role of the discussion is not to
second-guess either Creative Commons's general policy or the philosophy
reflected in the licenses. It's aim is to change the licenses the least
amount necessary for bringing them into accordance with Jordanian law. Suggestions going beyond this goal will most likely not affect the final license. The first line of judgment on what changes are accepted is Rami Olwan`s. The final judgment is Creative Commons's and will be reached with Rami Olwan`s help.

4) Please feel free to ask general question about the licenses in the
cc-licenses mailing list. Part of the fun of this discussion will be, I
hope, that we get to compare the quirks and eccentricities of our
respective nations' copyright laws. I expect the archived discussions to
serve as a history of this experience. That way, your input will continue
be useful to anyone from any country even after the discussion in Jordan is completed. I hope that these suggestions will help to make the
discussion free and healthy, yet focused on suggested changes to the
licenses.

Thank you very much. It's now Rami Olwan`s discussion to lead,

all the best,
Christiane

Christiane Asschenfeldt
International Commons Coordinator
Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 35
D-10119 Berlin, Germany
+49.163.77.64.828

mailto:</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>christiane AT creativecommons.org</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
www.creativecommons.org</x-tad-bigger>

  • [Cc-jo] Welcome and Guidelines for Discussion, Christiane Asschenfeldt, 03/30/2004