cc-gr - [Cc-gr] Fwd: [CC-Europe] request for input: database rights in CC v4.0

cc-gr@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: [CC-GR]

  • From: "Theodoros G. Karounos" <karounos@mail.ntua.gr>
  • To: "cc-gr@lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-gr@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-gr] Fwd: [CC-Europe] request for input: database rights in CC v4.0
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 12:16:44 +0200

fyi. ..

---------- Προωθημένο μήνυμα ----------
Από: "Sarah Pearson" <sarah@creativecommons.org>
Ημερομηνία: 24 Ιαν 2013 7:58 π.μ.
Θέμα: [CC-Europe] request for input: database rights in CC v4.0
Προς: <cc-europe@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Leon Felipe Sanchez Ambia" <lion05@mac.com>, <hala.essalmawi@gmail.com>, "Jay Yoon" <iwillbe99@gmail.com>

Hi everyone,

One of the major focus areas for this third draft of 4.0 is the treatment of sui generis database rights (SGDRs). We have refined this treatment over the last several weeks, so we wanted to share our latest thinking and ask for input before we publish the draft.

Attached you will find a document that outlines (1) our basic drafting considerations relating to this area, (2) an overview of how we have treated SGDRs throughout the 4.0 licenses (with relevant language from the license included), and (3) a short list of outstanding questions.

Note that, in addition to the European affiliate list, we are sending this email to affiliates in non-EU jurisdictions where SGDRs are enacted. Do any of you know of jurisdictions outside of the EU that have SGDRs other than Russia, Korea, Mexico, Armenia, Georgia, Serbia and Egypt?

We will be collecting your comments and incorporating them into the draft before we publish 4.0d3. To do this, we will need any input from you by the end of the day on Monday, January 28.

We greatly appreciate your review and feedback. Thank you so much for your help.

best,
Sarah

Sarah Hinchliff Pearson, Senior Counsel
Creative Commons