cc-gr - [Cc-gr] Fwd: [CC-Europe] European Commission Digital Agenda

cc-gr@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: [CC-GR]

  • From: "Theodoros G. Karounos" <karounos@mail.ntua.gr>
  • To: cc-gr@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-gr] Fwd: [CC-Europe] European Commission Digital Agenda
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 13:43:20 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Veni Markovski <veni@veni.com>
Date: Fri, May 21, 2010 at 08:14
Subject: [CC-Europe] European Commission Digital Agenda
To: cc-europe@lists.ibiblio.org

Hi, everyone.
I don't know if you have seen the EU Commission Digital Agenda, released
two days ago:
http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/digital-agenda/index_en.htm

but there is part, which is dedicated to copyright, which I challenged
in an op-ed at EurActive:
http://www.euractiv.com/en/infosociety/open-letter-digital-agenda-commissioner-neelie-kroes-analysis-494398

Indeed, the editors have cut the last sentence from the paragraph on
copyright, I am including it below in brackets for your reference:

The models are there, existing, it is the copyright holders, who don't
want the new, digital deals. [And, of course, the Digital Agenda does
not address the fact that there is enormous volume of content, which is
distributed freely under GPL or Creative Commons license, which also
shows a potential way to deal with copyright.]

best,
veni
Creative Commons - Bulgaria
http://cc.isoc.bg