cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Global Network Weekly #28

  • From: Simeon Oriko <simeon AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Affiliates <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>, CC Africa mailing list <ccAfrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>, CC Europe List <CC-Europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>, cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com, latin-america AT creativecommons.email, arab-world AT creativecommons.email
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Global Network Weekly #28
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 16:25:29 +0300

Hello CC friends! 👋🏽

Thanks to those of you who actioned my email last week and made introductions to potential new members. I've really enjoyed connecting with new folk interested in joining our network!

I'd like to share a little more detail about how I interact with these new folks. Where there's an existing chapter, I connect these interests to the leaders of the local chapter and encourage them to engage in chapter consultations and activities. I also share a copy of the Global Network Strategy document with them and this link that gives details about Network Platforms.

Where a chapter doesn't exist, and the person in touch would like to organize one, we ask they run a CC related project first. Case in example: I met Felix Naartey from Ghana a few months ago and he was very interested in starting a CC Chapter. We asked him to run a CC project. He did and put together the 2017 Summer Open School in Accra, Ghana. Felix applied for and received a Community Activities Fund grant to support this effort.

If you know new people in new territories willing to set up chapters, please let them know that I'd be very happy to help them run a few CC related projects to get them going.

P.S. Some of you may have forgotten how to reach me: Email me, Schedule a call with me, or ping me on Slack (sign up here if you haven't done so already)

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons