cc-europe - [CC-Europe] CC Europe meeting: programme and book your flights

  • From: Gwen Franck <gwen AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] CC Europe meeting: programme and book your flights
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 15:50:29 +0200

Hello!

I hope you are all enjoying some well deserved time off!

As the CC Europe meeting is drawing near, I wanted to inform you all about the proposed programme and inquire after your reimbursement needs.

And yes, of course, I have prepared a Google Form (what did you expect?).
If you plan on attending, please fill in this form before August 31. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScobuF6qdAaMtS5i74xkxDRetF0tH0q0XtNffYPbKCHXZFTTw/viewform

A dedicated programming team (Lisette, Maarten, Pro, Thomas, Mikhail, Kamil, Klaudia, Teresa, Fatima and Ignasi) have decided on a tentative programme based on the information you all gave when pre-registering. Based on your preferences you'll indicate in the form, we'll give the different tracks a shuffle so that all of you can attend all (or most) tracks you're interested in. If we're missing anything, you have the option to suggest additional items.

We have agreed to have the following 'tracks', each led by one of the programming committee.
  • (Lisette / Alek / contributions from Thomas / Teresa) EU Copyright Reform: general strategy, one session about E&L, one about TDM, education, open science, collective management directive, commons+public domain, ...
  • (Teresa / Fátima) Business models
  • (Kamil) Certificates : GLAM
  • (Ignasi/Klaudia/Kamil) OER/CC in Classroom /CC in academic environment (learning + research + open science) , ...
  • (Gwen) Capacity building / volunteer /welcoming package (usb!), outreach, fundraising, ...
  • (Maarten) Tech tools and infrastructure: fabrication licensing, 3D, CC in hardware - how to mark content, visible rights, metatag for licenses/rights statements, ...
  • (Alek / Klaudia/Ryan)Global and European Strategy
  • (Gwen) Free block (proposals from participants) translations, CC0, national case studies, ...
  • Legal (?)
The track leaders will get in touch with you in the weeks before the meeting - we want to ensure that some very concrete outputs will be generated from this meeting (not only talking!).

You'll also see some items about travel costs. I still don't have a final confirmation for additional budget (expecting it this week). To make sure that everyone will be able to come, it would be useful for me to know how I should prioritise your reimbursement. If you are willing to cover your own costs (even only partially), it would be great if you could indicate so in the form. Of course, if the budget allows, I will cover your costs after all, but in case it doesn't allow, I will do some calculations and arrange partial reimbursements (like we did for the Global Summit).

I would encourage you to book your flight as soon as possible, and I would also like you to book your own accommodation (see Teresa's useful list here). I'd encourage you to share accommodation if possible. If you need any additional lodging suggestions, or if you want to share accommodation but don't know with whom, please get in touch!
At the meeting, I will explain how the reimbursement procedure works.

​Pretty excited about this, and looking forward to seeing all your lovely faces again soon :)

Best
Gwen​

--
Gwen Franck
Creative Commons

Make a donation to support CC in 2016: https://donate.creativecommons.org

  • [CC-Europe] CC Europe meeting: programme and book your flights, Gwen Franck, 08/08/2016