cc-europe - [CC-Europe] French ancillary copyright law for image indexing

  • From: Timothy Vollmer <tvol AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-europe <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] French ancillary copyright law for image indexing
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:29:49 -0700

Hi all:

We heard that the French passed a new ancillary right that will control/tax the indexing of images online. Does anyone know more about this and its potential effects--including for openly licensed works? CCIA said they're gonna take a closer look. Also note that CC and several other orgs signed a letter against this provision when it came up back in May (attached).

Thanks for any information you can share,
timothy