cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] CC Europe meeting in autumn

  • From: Gwen Franck <gwen AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Europe <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] CC Europe meeting in autumn
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 09:37:01 +0100

Thanks everybody for chipping in!

I'll leave this thread open for the weekend - make sure that everybody gets the chance to reply.

Next week, I'll have to check some logistics and I will send out a doodle with several possible dates (and locations) - we do not have to limit ourselves necessarily to September in Portugal or November in Berlin indeed.

Maybe we consider chartering a train (whether that would be more Orient Express or Snowpiercer, not sure :) ).

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 9:30 AM, Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl> wrote:
On 18 Mar 2016, at 09:24, Roland Alton <roland AT alton.at> wrote:

> I personally prefer not to travel by airplane anymore to save carbon
> emissions. Saving the planet evolved to an important commons related
> project to me ;-) Portugal seems to be reachable with two night trains,
> though.
>
> Alternatively, we might offer to organise a meeting in Vienna or in the
> Alps at the Austrian/Swiss/German border. Autumn is also a nice period
> for hiking!

that is a very strange way to save the environment. make sure that you do not have to travel and out the travel burden on all the others. don't think that this will have the desired outcome (less carbon emissions) system wide... /paul