cc-europe - [CC-Europe] The School of Rock(ing) EU Copyright - Apply by 4 September!

  • From: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • To: CC Europe <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] The School of Rock(ing) EU Copyright - Apply by 4 September!
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 21:24:22 +0200

HI all,
thought this is something that might be of intrest to people on this list: a
two dat training event for people intrested in changing the EU copyright
rules organized by EDRi and Communia (Communia bring together a number of cc
affiliates). Please feel free to forward this to your own local networks.
best, Paul

> For the first time in nearly a generation, the EU will soon update its
> copyright framework. This is a unique opportunity to reform and modernise
> Europe's creaking, outdated, ill-adapted rules. Activists interested in
> taking up on this opportunity will get a crash course in effective
> copyright activism at a workshop in Warsaw on 5-6 November.
>
> To help prepare activists for the challenge facing all of us, European
> Digital Rights is looking for participants for a two-day EU copyright
> educational workshop -- the School of Rock(ing) EU Copyright, being
> organised in cooperation with Communia.
>
> EDRi offers a stipendum of maximum €300 to cover transport and
> accommodation costs for up to 20 participants of the School of Rock(ing) EU
> Copyright and the CopyCamp conference in Warsaw. Non-funded participants
> will also be welcome, of course.
>
> The School of Rock(ing) EU Copyright will take place 5 and 6 November in
> Warsaw, following the CopyCamp 2015 event which will take place 4 November.
>
> The goals of the School of Rock(ing) EU Copyright are to:
> • inform the participants on the current state of play of the EU
> copyright reform;
> • provide the tools that can be used to campaign on national level;
> • deepen the understanding of copyright activists of the EU legal and
> decision-making frameworks;
> • inform participants on how it is possible to influence
> decision-making in the EU;
> • identify possibilities for sharing of resources and talents such as
> translation and technical skills;
> • create networks (and develop existing ones) of civil society
> activists to work together on common goals to reform copyright, in order to
> have a stronger voice and avoid duplicate efforts.
> If you're interested, please apply by sending an email to brussels AT edri.org
> with the title "Application for The School of Rock(ing) EU Copyright"
> stating in no more than 200 words why you are interested in attending
> CopyCamp and the School of Rock(ing) EU Copyright, why you should be
> selected. We're looking for people who have experience and/or plan to
> prepare campaigns on a national level, who can help building online
> campaigning tools, who have the ability to create networks with similar
> organisations on national and international levels and general knowledge of
> the main problems in the current EU copyright system. The deadline for
> sending the application is 4 September.
>
> In short:
> The School of Rock(ing) EU Copyright
> • Dates: 5-6 November 2015
> • Location: Warsaw, Poland
> • Deadline for application: 4 September
> • Where to send it: brussels AT edri.org
> • Number of funded places: 20
> Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at
> brussels AT edri.org.
>
> Please feel free to forward this invitation to potentially interested
> applicants!

  • [CC-Europe] The School of Rock(ing) EU Copyright - Apply by 4 September!, Paul Keller, 07/31/2015