cc-europe - [CC-Europe] RC introduction call

  • From: Gwen Franck <gwen AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] RC introduction call
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 21:26:13 +0200

Hello,

As you all might have heard, John Weitzmann and I are the new regional
coordinators for Creative Commons in Europe.
We are now both fully on board, and have been brainstorming in the
last couple of days about how we are going to organize ourselves and
how we will handle the coordination of all European affiliaties
(you!).

We're both very much looking forward to get started with the job and
we are full of ideas that we would like to share with you. But, and
this is perhaps more important in this stage, we would like to hear
from you: What are your ideas, what is happening in your country, what
are your expectations from us and from CC in general, how can we help
you to promote CC in your country, what are your preferred methods of
communication, ...

That's why we thought a personal call with each of you might be a good
starting point. We're thinking about a skype talk of about an hour -
that should do to get to know each other and to get a grasp of the
main points and issues that concern you as an affiliate.

Because it's holiday season, we'll have to be a bit creative: that's
why we've created 'the mother of all doodles' here:
http://www.doodle.com/5k8x745ig7ezvesx

We have suggested dates for all of next month, because we would like
to hear from as much of you as is possible before CC's global summit
in August.

We suggest that you agree within your team about dates on which at
least one of you is available, and that you indicate it on the doodle
(of course more than one option is possible!) John and I will then
check with our own schedules and get back to you personally to make a
final appointment. I'd also like to stress that the indicated times
are only an indication: if you would like another date or hour, don't
hesitate to contact us and we'll see what we can do.

We're both very much looking forward to these calls and to getting to know
you!

Enjoy your holidays (we will :) )

Best,

Gwen and John

--
Gwen Franck
Creative Commons

  • [CC-Europe] RC introduction call, Gwen Franck, 07/11/2013