cc-europe - [CC-Europe] we're looking for partners for an European Cultural Foundation Collaboration Grant on crowdsourcing heritage data / knowledge

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] we're looking for partners for an European Cultural Foundation Collaboration Grant on crowdsourcing heritage data / knowledge
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:40:30 +0100

Dear all,

Centrum Cyfrowe Projekt: Polska (http://en.centrumcyfrowe.pl/) is looking for partners for joint application for Collaboration Grants funded by European Cultural Foundation (http://www.culturalfoundation.eu/grants/collaboration-grants?utm_source=MailingLijst&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=21-08-2012).

During the project we would like to develop the idea of using crowdsourcing in field of cultural heritage. Since 2012 we are running „Otwarte zabytki” (Open historical sites) project (http://otwartezabytki.pl/en/strony/o-projekcie), which one of main goals is to engage citizens in building knowledge base about historical sites in Poland (based on official register of Polish monuments prepared by the National Institute of Heritage). As part of the project we conducted a succesful crowdsourcing sprint on heritage data last summer, and are running ongoing actions that build engagement around the site.

What we would like to do in the common project:

- to help implementing „Otwarte zabytki” platform in other countries

- to share and exchange experiences on using crowdsourcing in the filed of cultural heritage

- to develop together methodology for engaging citizens in a project dealing with preservation of historical sites / heritage.

If you are interested in this initiative, please contact project coordinator Katarzyna Werner (kwerner AT centrumcyfrowe.pl).

All the best,

Alek

  • [CC-Europe] we're looking for partners for an European Cultural Foundation Collaboration Grant on crowdsourcing heritage data / knowledge, Alek Tarkowski, 03/13/2013