cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Nice article on proposed ancillary copyright bill in erman parliament

  • From: Tarmo Toikkanen <tarmo.toikkanen AT aalto.fi>
  • To: Kat Walsh <kat AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Nice article on proposed ancillary copyright bill in erman parliament
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 06:32:47 +0200

Interesting. Just as a side-note, in Finnish law, search engines are clearly in violation. There's no way they would be legal. But no-one wants to press the point, as search engines are too essential nowadays.

I remember the case from last summer, when a Belgian newspaper managed to declare its content is illegally in Google. The final result was a bit surprising. I would imagine the same would happen quickly to all German news agencies if they were to demand payment for their content. http://searchengineland.com/beligian-newspapers-claim-retaliation-by-google-after-copyright-victory-85924

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
tarmo.toikkanen AT aalto.fi