cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Regional Coordinator, Europe

  • From: Jessica Coates <jessica AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org, cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Regional Coordinator, Europe
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 16:52:33 -0800

Hi all

As most of you know, Jonas Oberg has received an exciting research opportunity this year, and so will be moving on as Regional Coordinator of Europe. We are very sad to be losing Jonas, who has done an excellent job over the last year and a half.

However, I'm very happy to announce that this means that there is now an opportunity for one or two more people to fill the position. You can find the position description here: https://docs.google.com/a/creativecommons.org/document/d/1q_8OylESbhqwwEFci_PKzzLTY_C6WHtvTL5fSchwVcA/edit

As with previous position vacancies, we are making this available to you, our affiliates, before we circulate it publicly, to give you some extra time to ask questions and prepare applications. Feel free to share this with other members of your team, but please do not circulate this more broadly on mailing lists etc until it goes online early next week.

This time around, we will be looking at potentially hiring two people for the position, replicating the model we're successfully using in Africa, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. This gives us a chance to better reflect the subject matter and geographic diversity of the position. As you would expect with a European position, there is likely to be a strong focus on policy work. We expect a lot of movement in the region around open education, government and cultural institutions over the next year. However, the successful candidate/s will also have to undertake the day-to-day administrative responsibilities of the position, supporting the community, on-boarding new affiliates, and assisting HQ with it's European outreach.

Let me know if you have any questions of comments. I look forward to hearing from a number of you soon.

Jessica Coates
Global Network Manager
Creative Commons

It's our birthday! Give us a present at
https://creativecommons.net/donate

  • [CC-Europe] Regional Coordinator, Europe, Jessica Coates, 01/23/2013