cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Fwd: Should Europeana provide support for Advocacy Groups?

  • From: Diane Cabell <dc AT icommons.org>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Fwd: Should Europeana provide support for Advocacy Groups?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:31:15 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Stuart DEMPSTER <s.dempster AT JISC.AC.UK>
Date: November 12, 2012 9:32:45 AM EST

**************Apologies for cross posting**************

Dear colleague,

Should Europeana provide support for Advocacy Groups?

To kick start Europeana's Advocacy Agenda, they need to make a decision on which Advocacy Group to support - and they need to know what you think.

To do this they have put together an Issues Brief (attached) which describes the Advocacy Group that they would like to support, as well as the reasons why they want to support them - this Issues Brief is attached. The Advocacy Group is called Information Sans Frontiere (ISF) <http://informationsansfrontieres.eu/> and they've been supporting their work for the past year. They're interested to know your view, and we have just one question for you:

Do you agree that Europeana should provide support to the ISF?

Alternatively, please email her directly at Julia.Fallon AT kb.nl

They'd like to receive your feedback by COB Thursday 15th November. Once they've received your feedback we will publish the results. In the meantime, if you'd like to know more about the work we are undertaking, the work of the ISF, or have any questions please let Julia Fallon know.

With thanks and good wishes,

Stuart Dempster
Director
Strategic Content Alliance,
Brettenham House,
5 Lancaster Place,
London
WC2E 7EN

Tel: +44 (0)203 0066 062 (Office)
"     +44 (0) 7841 951 305 (Mobile)

Fax: +44 (0)20 7240 5377

  • [CC-Europe] Fwd: Should Europeana provide support for Advocacy Groups?, Diane Cabell, 11/12/2012