cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Digital School program with open textbooks approved by Polish government!

  • From: Kamil Śliwowski <kamil AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Digital School program with open textbooks approved by Polish government!
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 14:07:49 +0200

Hello everybody!
This is my first post here so I will introduce myself, I'm third CC Poland lead, dealing mostly with education issues and we have good news from Poland and OER movement:

Today Polish Council of Ministers adopted a draft regulationhttp://creativecommons.pl/2012/04/digital-school-program-with-open-textbooks-approved-by-polish-government/ concerning the implementation of „Digital School” program for computerization of Polish schools and raising ICT competences.  Pilot of the project aimed for 380 schools in Poland will  equip them with hardware (tablets, computers for students, additional equipment). Also digital and free (under Creative Commons Attribution or compatible) textbooks for grades 4-6 in primary schools (K4-K6) will be created (45 millions  PLN is assigned for textbooks). This is the first major government project in Poland which creates Open Educational Resources especially textbooks. Creative Commons Poland lead and director of Centrum Cyfrowe for Digital Alek Tarkowski participated in Digital School project as advisor from it’s beginning.

please spread this good news if you like

ale best,

Kamil Śliwowski
Creative Commons Polska / Poland
www: http://creativecommons.pl