cc-europe - [Cc-europe] CC0 Jurisdiction Survey

  • From: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-europe] CC0 Jurisdiction Survey
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:59:20 +0200

dear all,

Diane has asked me if i could remind you all that she is waiting for input for the CC0 jurisdictions survey. As you can see from the list below a lot of european jurisdictions have yet to provide her with feedback and i think it would be really great if we could have as much input as possible from European jurisdictions. I think it is really great that Diane is putting so much energy into getting feedback from outside of the US *before* finalizing CC0 so please try to respond to her survey if you can. As far as i understand her this will also help to prepare the session on the legal problems related to CC0 during the COMMUNIA workshop in Amsterdam (i.e those of you attending the workshop will be treated to the first presentations of the outcome of this survey....

all the best from amsterdam,
paul

Dear All,

As a follow up to my email below, we have received input from the following jurisdictions via the CC0 Jurisdictional Survey sent to this group on August 21st:

Luxembourg
Norway
Poland
Romania
Mexico
Australia
France
Colombia
Netherlands
Guatemala (forthcoming)

An enormous thanks to those of you who took the time to respond. If for some reason you responded and your jurisdiction isn't on the list, let me know. If there are others of you who still intend to respond but need additional time, please also let me know that off- list. We are starting to prepare the information for the Communia Conference on Marking the Public Domain, and I would be pleased to insert a place holder for your jurisdiction provided you let me know.

I also want to encourage you to post publicly comments you have on CC0 Beta/Discussion Draft 3 to the cc-licenses discussion forum (whether or not you completed a survey). This draft varies a bit from the draft circulated to this group with the Survey.

See: http://labs.creativecommons.org/licenses/zero/1.0/legalcode

Comments on Draft 3 should be posted for public comment or submitted to me by the end of September.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you submitted feedback and your jurisdiction is not listed above, or if you intend to submit feedback within the next several days.

Thanks!
Diane