cc-europe - [Cc-europe] OMC for Europe?

  • From: John Hendrik Weitzmann <jhweitzmann AT mx.uni-saarland.de>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-europe] OMC for Europe?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:58:03 +0100

Hi CC-Europeans,

something that I wanted to bring up in Torino but couldn't find the time to:

Maybe some of you know the OpenMusicContest (OMC, see www.openmusiccontest.org), an ever growing event for newcomers of all areas of band music. It has been running for three years now, being organised by the student union of Marburg University, Germany. The OMC has done quite a lot for CC in Germany, not only in generating attention and even TV coverage but also in community building and showing that CC especially works for newcomers. Last time they got so much music sent in - they had to make the winner's sampler a double CD.

Some of the guys who came up with the OMC concept and run the contest asked me whether maybe other european CC projects ...

- could help out with translations of the OMS website

- would like to make use of the OMC concept and have their own national OMCs (thus make a european thing out of it).

So here I give those questions to you. What do you think? Anyone interested?

Greetings,

John
CC Germany

  • [Cc-europe] OMC for Europe?, John Hendrik Weitzmann, 01/30/2008