cc-education - [cc-education] One Lap Top Per Child

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: AYO KUSAMOTU <kusamotu AT yahoo.com>
  • To: cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-education] One Lap Top Per Child
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 14:52:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everyone,
My name is Ayo Kusamotu.I am a Nigerian Lawyer and
also Project Lead of Creative Commons in Nigeria. I am
also a friend of OLPC (One Lap Top Per
Child)-laptop.media.mit.edu/.OLPC is headed by
Nicholas Negroponte and they are making a $100 lap top
for children to be distributed in developing nations
for learning .

In my dicuussions with Nicholas Negroponte he was very
excited with the idea of having a licence like the
Developing Nations Licence for Children. May be
something that people could give to children to use as
they like.

This idea has generated heated debate in the list -
namely that we dont need another Licence for children
, besides - the legal issues : capacity of children in
law was seen as a major hurdle.So others have
suggested that what we need are tools for children.

So this list is the most distinguished panel in
education, so I want to tap on the best minds for your
ideas and suggestions.

Thanks,
Ayo