cc-education - [cc-education] Doubts about noncommercial rights

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: stefania AT softhome.net
  • To: cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-education] Doubts about noncommercial rights
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:50:01 -0000

Hi All there,
I have a few questions related to the creative commons licence when associated with noncommercial rights.
Here, I list some cases related to an ebook with cc licence. I assume I can derivate the sample ebook and cannot make commercial use of copies/derivates.
Case 1) I am a webmaster. I link an ebook with cc licence on my site and I advertise the newly added link in my newsletter and in some newsgroups. All this increases the visitors to my site, of course and, as a consequence, I gain more money from my banner advertiser on that page.
Case 2) I run a typhography. A customer asks me to photocopy a book derived from the sample ebook. I let the customer pay a small sum.
Case 3) I run a typhography. A customer gives me a floppy and asks me to print the PDF-ebook. Printing will be charged to the customer.
Case 4) I run a typhography and I work with schools. A teacher asks me to print 50 copies of the ebook for his/her students. Printing will be charged to the school.
Case 4) I run a typhography. I notify several schools (or other target groups) about the existance of the ebook whose subject could interest them. Some of them are interested and accept me to print the ebook. Printing will be charged to the school.
Do I violate the noncommercial attribute of the cc licence in any of the previous cases?
I have not found the answers to these questions on the site, but I cannot exclude that somewhere that page could exist.
Thanks for your feedback.
Best regards,
Stefania

  • [cc-education] Doubts about noncommercial rights, stefania, 04/22/2004