cc-education - [cc-education] Trade commodity.

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: David Palmer <davidpalmer AT westnet.com.au>
  • To: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-education] Trade commodity.
  • Date: 10 Feb 2004 14:02:16 +0800

Hello,

Something that I thought others may be interested in.
The concept of intellectual property law as a trade commodity.
Australia has just gained massive concessions with regard to a new free
trade agreement with the U.S., a major factor being closer ties with
U.S. intellectual property law.
This is what we are trying to prevent with our project here.
Time to get moving?

http://www.dfat.gov.au/trade/negotiations/us_fta/outcomes/08_intellectual_property.html

Regards,

David.
--
'The mindset that creates the problem, is not the one that is capable of
solving it.' Albert Einstein.

  • [cc-education] Trade commodity., David Palmer, 02/10/2004