cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] License Chooser: partner url method vs REST API vs Licensechooser.js

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Dan Mills <dan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Bjorn W <burobjorn AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] License Chooser: partner url method vs REST API vs Licensechooser.js
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:25:05 -0700

I understand that it simplifies your life as the CC plugin developer.
However, it's not a good tradeoff: making all plugin instances to
communicate with services infrastructure at runtime in order to
retrieve data that changes in a timescale of years (even in bustling
times, it's months) is just not worth it.

However, as I said before - I can see a flat file approach as
workable, so long as it's simple to maintain and you cache it client
side.

Dan