cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] CC+ and Commons deed

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Federico Morando <federico.morando AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] CC+ and Commons deed
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 12:00:08 -0400

Hi Federico,

You are correct. Using the license chooser to generate some HTML
*and* filling in the "More permissions URL" should yield a special
section on the Deeds. It seems to be working fine for me. I just
used the chooser to generate some HTML and pasted it into a sample
page:

http://a6.creativecommons.org/~nkinkade/ccplus.html

If you click on the license link, the Deed should have two special
sections. Under the "You are free:" section at the top the last part
should be an icon with a plus in a circle telling you where you can go
for more permission. On the lower half, below "Under the following
conditions:" you should see a special attribution link.

If that isn't working for you when using the code provided by the
license chooser, then could you put up a sample somewhere to
demonstrate it not working? Perhaps part of the confusion is that the
"More permissions" section shows up on the top part, and not on the
bottom part as you saw in the images on the CC wiki?

Nathan