cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Creative Commons Image using web service api

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: John Doig <john AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Creative Commons Image using web service api
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:03:21 -0700

The other option that won't require edge cases is to use the license RDF.

We publish the license RDF for each license at the license URL +
"/rdf". For example:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/rdf
http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/rdf

As part of our work to bring the API and license chooser into sync
with one another, we'll be publishing an update to that RDF that will
include metadata about the icons for each license. For example:

<foaf:logo
rdf:resource="http://i.creativecommons.org/l/by/3.0/88x31.png"/>

You can see an example of that RDF file in the source repository at
http://code.creativecommons.org/viewgit/license.rdf.git/tree/cc/licenserdf/licenses/creativecommons.org_licenses_by_3.0_.rdf?h=packageify
We'll be providing that metadata for CC0, the PDDC, and all the core
and ported CC licenses.

Nathan