cc-devel - [cc-devel] [ cctools-Feature Requests-1579924 ] We need blogging: Blog extra/extension/plugin

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "SourceForge.net" <noreply AT sourceforge.net>
  • To: noreply AT sourceforge.net
  • Subject: [cc-devel] [ cctools-Feature Requests-1579924 ] We need blogging: Blog extra/extension/plugin
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 01:55:35 +0000

Feature Requests item #1579924, was opened at 2006-10-18 11:55
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by fourstones
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=559969&aid=1579924&group_id=80503

not just the latest update.
Category: ccHost
Group: None

Initial Comment:
While ccHost is focused on media sharing, blogging is a
community-based feature that really needs to be
amplified. What is the best way to support the typical
blogging scenario so that users can blog, post up
comments to each others blogs, use trackbacks/pings,
feeds, etc.

There are a couple of ways this could be supported IMO
(and I'm sure they are not the best nor are they the
proper ways):

1.) extend the upload code to allow for non-file
submissions so that one could attach a file to a post
and make this our standard ccHost media uploads...this
way, we basically would have a badass blogging tool
that goes along with the idea of attaching files as
enclosures to feeds. This already works.

2.) extend/re-use the forums code for blogging capabilities

One of the major goals of this code is to allow for
aggregation of user blogs (ala, planetplanet) so that
that can be used on the main page of the website.

Also, it would be good to use phptal and macros in a
good way so that blog posts/blogs in general could be
placed on different pages throughout the site...this
would be very very very cool!

Date: 2009-04-15 18:55

Message:
content manager in 5.x

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=559969&aid=1579924&group_id=80503

  • [cc-devel] [ cctools-Feature Requests-1579924 ] We need blogging: Blog extra/extension/plugin, SourceForge.net, 04/15/2009