cc-devel - [cc-devel] API Update: descriptions for question enums

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC-devel <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] API Update: descriptions for question enums
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 14:18:32 -0700

As noted on the Labs Blog
(http://labs.creativecommons.org/2009/04/02/enumeration-descriptions-in-cc-web-services/),
I just pushed a new update to the CC API (development version). In
particular we've added <description> elements to the individual <enum>
values for questions so you can provide help text similar to what we
do with the help popups on http://creativecommons.org/license/.

See also:

* https://api.creativecommons.org/docs/readme_dev.html#license-class-locale-xx
* http://code.creativecommons.org/issues/issue224

We've also updated the API documentation
(http://api.creativecommons.org/) to use Sphinx
(http://sphinx.pocoo.org); hopefully that makes it a bit more readable
and friendly.

If we don't see any regressions we'll push this down into the 1.5
release in the next couple days.

Nathan

  • [cc-devel] API Update: descriptions for question enums, Nathan Yergler, 04/02/2009