cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] More review of liblicense changes since 0.4

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] More review of liblicense changes since 0.4
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 15:19:05 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

Further, pmiller has suggested we stick to C89 constructs. I'm feeling
generous today, so I'll consider that reasonable. If we do want to stick
to it, we should modify our compile process so that with GCC we used
-std=c89 or -ansi so that the codebase does not compile with non-C89
constructs.

I just tried std=c89, and xdgmime has comments in // style. If our dependencies aren't going to be C89, I see no reason we should be.

New position: Screw C89, let's stick with std=gnu89.

-- Asheesh.

--
Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.
-- Jackie Mason