cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Request for Comment: Javascript Widget Proposal

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Paul Scott <pscott AT uwc.ac.za>
  • To: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Request for Comment: Javascript Widget Proposal
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:15:26 +0200

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 10:03 -0700, Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
> The current proposal is to develop a Javascript-based "widget" that
> would allow a developer to drop a license chooser into a form in their
> application simply by including the script tag. I've written up a
> brief specification/requirements list
> (http://wiki.creativecommons.org/JsWidget).

I presume that the locales will stay intact?

The only other issue is that the JS should be strict enough to be able
to be used in XUL applications as well as XHTML-Strict.

If some coding time is needed, please don't hesitate to call on me.

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer
http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm