cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Regarding my Summer of Code application

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Bruno Dilly" <bruno.dilly AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Regarding my Summer of Code application
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:25:09 -0300

Sure this make sense Bjorn, I believe ccPublisher support for
uploading works to any site is the ideal scenario. But to accomplish
this, it's necessary to implement one back-end for each publishing
platforms. I suppose I could implement support for a couple of them,
since there is some documentation written about that in the wiki.

However, I want to focus on ccHost, because adding support for it
could encourage more people to use it, and I plan to get involved with
ccHost codebase too. Also, it will be easier to support all ccHost
installations, even if there are some differences between these
repositories, because we can treat the differences on the fly.

For example, in the default setup, we have the following submission
types: Remix, A Cappella, Samples and Fully Mixed Track. If you try to
submit a file for ccMixter.org now, you'll have two more options:
Submit an Entry in the Crammed Discs Remix Contest; and Submit a
ccMixter Radio Promo. To be flexible, the software needs to get all
the available options and then present the user with the appropriate
interface.

I will do some further studies about ccPublisher extensions.

[]s