cc-devel - [cc-devel] more brainstorming -- using UniProt data to annotate open access docs

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Siddharth Srivastava" <sid.srivastava AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] more brainstorming -- using UniProt data to annotate open access docs
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 14:15:22 -0400

Before I fully flesh this idea out in a proposal, I wanted to get some
feedback.

I was thinking about using UniProt data to annotate open access
scientific documents (such as those found in the Public Library of
Science journals and arXiv.org) with RDF metadata. The UniProt data
itself has been annotated with RDF metadata (see
http://expasy3.isb-sib.ch/~ejain//rdf/)

Now, do you see any major limitations or problems with this idea? The
wiki mentioned the use of NLP tools to build RDF triples, but are
there other approaches?

Thanks,
Sid