cc-ch - [Cc-ch] Transcript of a talk by C. Doctorow on DRM: volunteers for the revision?

cc-ch AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: iCommons Switzerland

  • From: "Claude Almansi (BW)" <claude.almansi AT bluewin.ch>
  • To: cc- ch <cc-ch AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-ch] Transcript of a talk by C. Doctorow on DRM: volunteers for the revision?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 23:37:31 +0200

Hi All

I made a transcript of "0WNED -- HOW HOLLYWOOD PLANS ON MAKING THE FUTURE SUBSERVIENT TO THE PAST", a talk on DRM Cory Doctorow gave at Olin College on Feb. 16 2006 (downloadable from his blog at <http://www.craphound.com/000622.html>. I put the transcript in an open (1) wiki, at <http://almansi.wikispaces.com/Doctorow+DRM+talk>, in the hope that some people might be interested enough in the talk to correct my mistakes and fill in the bits I didn't get.

Original reason for the transcript: in the context of the revision of the Swiss Law on author's rights, ADISI asked Cory Doctorow if we might excerpt his talk in one of our "Tam Tam" broadcasts (2) on information society issues, and if there *was* a transcript. He said yes to the excerpt, and No but it would be great if you could make one to the question about the transcript.

And as it's a great talk, in simple language, with many striking examples, having and making available a transcript of it seemed a good idea anyway.

(1) "open" wiki: you still have to sign up at wikispaces in order to make/edit pages in it - but from my experience there, they are as good as their privacy policy.

(2) Tam Tam: see http://www.adisi.ch/tamtam. It airs on 2 private radios in Ticino (above and below Ceneri), and the broadcasts can be listened to/downloaded online. We also have a podcast, <http://feeds.feedburner.com/adisi/tamtam>.

Best,

Claude

Claude Almansi
Castione, Switzerland
resp. informazione e formazione
ADISI Associazione di Diritto Informatico della Svizzera Italiana
www.adisi.ch

  • [Cc-ch] Transcript of a talk by C. Doctorow on DRM: volunteers for the revision?, Claude Almansi (BW), 04/17/2006