cc-ca - [CC-ca] RecentChangesCamp Montreal ("RoCoCoCamp"), 18-20 May 2007

cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Canada

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT prodromou.name>
  • To: CC-ca list <cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-ca] RecentChangesCamp Montreal ("RoCoCoCamp"), 18-20 May 2007
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:05:37 -0400

Hello, everyone! Evan Prodromou here. Hope you're all doing well.

I'm writing as one of the organizers of RecentChangesCamp Montreal.

RecentChangesCamp is a world-wide "unconference" for wiki technologists,
wiki users and wiki admins. Also invited are people from related
technology and community practises, as we look for common ground on
community, collaboration, and self-organizing behaviour. The event is
free of charge for all participants. The previous two RecentChangesCamp
events in Portland have been extremely fun and interesting for
participants.

http://www.recentchangescamp.org/

RecentChangesCamp Montreal ("RoCoCoCamp") will be held in Montreal from
18-20 May 2007. It will be a three-day conference with the
agenda set by the participants on-site.

http://www.rocococamp.info/

No keynotes, no hours-long slide presentations, no conference tracks:
the emphasis of RecentChangesCamp is on bringing together smart,
talented people for productive, peer-to-peer talks.

I think a number of people on this list could benefit from participating
in this discussion. Wikis have become one of the key engines for
creating a corpus of free Creative-Commons-licensed works. Even for
non-wiki projects, building a strong community with good collaboration
skills is vital for any commons project.

Not to mention how much the wiki community could benefit from having
Creative Commons people involved. CC has become very important to the
wiki world, and a CC official (or even quasi-official) presence would
mean a lot to the people there.

If you would like to attend, please sign up on our wiki:

http://www.rocococamp.info/Participants

We're arranging lodging for a variety of budgets (from couch-surfing to
the Hyatt). Travel to Montreal can be quite inexpensive, especially from
central Canada.

Please check out our wiki if you have any questions; also feel free to
contact anyone in our all-volunteer organizing group. You can write to
me directly or call my cell phone (+1-514-554-3826).

Thanks,

-Evan

Evan Prodromou <evan AT prodromou.name>
http://evan.prodromou.name/

  • [CC-ca] RecentChangesCamp Montreal ("RoCoCoCamp"), 18-20 May 2007, Evan Prodromou, 04/30/2007