cc-ca - [Cc-ca] Plain-text versions and comments on iCommons Canada en licences

cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Canada

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT bad.dynu.ca>
  • To: cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-ca] Plain-text versions and comments on iCommons Canada en licences
  • Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:01:29 -0400

As mentioned before, I made plain-text versions of the iCommons Canada
licences available here:

http://bad.dynu.ca/~evan/ccpl-ca-en/

While working with them, I noticed these copy-editing problems (there
are probably others), which I'll reference in the Attribution 2.0 Canada
licence:

* In Section 1.g., the word "Musical Work" starts with a curly
double quote rather than a straight ASCII quote, as used in the
rest of the text.
* Section 1.g. ends with a semicolon rather than a period, as do
all of the other definitions.
* Section 4.c.i. includes a curly apostrophe rather than a
straight ASCII apostrophe ("Original Author's").
* Section 4.d. also has a curly apostrophe in "Original Author's
honour".
* Section 8.d. ends with a comma.

It's probably worth noting these for future revisions. Thanks,

~Evan

P.S. This was previously posted to cc-licenses; sorry for those who've
gotten it twice.

--
Evan Prodromou
evan AT bad.dynu.ca