cc-be - Re: [Cc-be] Cancel authors rights organisation membership ?

cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons - Belgium

  • From: Stefan Kolgen <stefan AT chipsvzw.be>
  • To: cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-be] Cancel authors rights organisation membership ?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:26:46 +0100

You cut my sentence in half, delivering comment on its parts...

The contradictions is in the fact this person first tried to lock down his rights, making copyright even more rigid than it is allready,
and afterwards he seems a bit surprised that Sabam isn't that cooperative in giving the author the choice to select his rights more freely for every individual work.

You're absolutly right about this:
I would also seriously consider applying for SABAM membership IF (!) as a member, I could still publish my music under Creative Commons licenses.

I would too. But that isn't the case.
At least as long as creative people are signing petitions for more and rigid 'classical' copyright protection that is.

Stefan K.